Friday 11 January 2019

The Outsider - A Journey From Loneliness To Solitude

The word “outsider” is just a combination of different letters, which precisely refers to a person, who is unacquainted with the matter in question, but what if it becomes how you constantly feel?


A feeling of isolation affects all sorts and ages of people. However, the adolescents are more likely to be affected than others. The age, where there is a number of hormones change in your body, does not let you suppress an urge to be a rebel.

On the contrary, wanting to be alone and being left alone has a big difference. Here comes the factor, which naturally helps you embrace such type of situation; introversion. I do not intend to say that extroverts cannot get through this. In fact, it is more difficult for them to get used to the actuality. On the other hand, introverts have a better tendency to deal with such sort of situations.

If you could relate to what it seems like to feel alone in a room full of people, then you are not that different after all. It is only a perspective, but I feel every individual is unique yet not that significant from fellow beings.

I had a phase in my life, when I got to experience what truly a feeling of loneliness is. At first, it was full of terror. It was like being lost on a voyage; you see around yourself and are not able to discern anything visually that you can feel connected to. It was like being invisible while being physically present at the moment. Loneliness captivates absolutely no other thing but a sense of emptiness. It persistently persuades you to think that you are being eaten alive, but it is only because you allow it to take over your conscience.

After all these years, I have learnt that the fear of being left alone is only a deception. You live under the false anticipation that you are not good enough for people around you and eventually lose your true identity while trying to be sufficient for others, which is incredibly wrong.

Nevertheless, having a feeling of not being able to fit in can be beautiful, too. I did not have much interest in reading earlier, but in a way some people changed my life for better when I started giving books a chance. William Wordsworth has been a great inspiration for me and I relate to his life so much. He made me realize that people may not look the same but humanity and a beating heart connects them at some level. I remember reading the first stanza from one of his amazing poems. It felt like I had been rescued from nothingness. “I wandered lonely as a cloud,” helped me find my way home.

When you are born, you are destined to accomplish, make memories, feel emotions, suffer, find happiness and lose it, but all that matters is living at the moment and loving yourself. Do not let the darkness take over you. The best time to realize your worth was when you started considering being alone a threat, but the second best time is now. Here is how I coped with it, I genuinely hope that might be useful:

- Embrace Your Personality:

You may think you do not know how to figure out what your strengths are but never lose faith that you have them. The qualities that makes you unique are the substructure of your success. You only need to work on them.


- Know Your Worth:

Do not settle for less than you deserve. It is your own attitude toward yourself that allows others to treat you the same. Love yourself.


- Live In The Moment:

People may make you feel that you do not deserve good but the fact is that happiness is the choice. No one can truly define who you are until you let them. Do not let them steal your peace.


- Be Grateful:

Some fewer but closer relationships are important. As I have said before, everyone is different. Open doors for new people in your life and be grateful of whatever the outcome is. You will indeed have a lesson or a lifelong friend to be thankful for.


In sum, I would say that no matter what you are going through, there comes a point in life, where you admit that all these lessons have helped you turn out the best version of yourself. If you had a similar experience, I would love to know how you dealt with it or are still coping. Champions like you are the reason, people still believe in standing up after falling apart.
Previous Post
Next Post

post written by: